FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
June 15 , 2009
St. Nicholas Hospital Holds the 25th Anniversary of the Freedom Run on July 4
Sheboygan, Wis. This year, St. Nicholas Hospital will be celebrating its 25th annual Freedom Run by the lakefront on Saturday, July 4, 2009. The Freedom Run kicks off Sheboygan's Fourth of July celebration and features a five- and two-mile run and a non-competitive two-mile walk.
Proceeds from the Freedom Run benefit the Friends of St. Nicholas Hospital, which supports numerous programs at the Hospital and community outreach initiatives such as:
- Community care program is a St. Nicholas Hospital-funded program that accepts a percentage of financial responsibility for patients who are in need of financial assistance. In fiscal year 2008, St. Nicholas Hospital provided $1,170,617 of assistance to people in the community.
- Community education programs such as the Hope After Loss Organization (HALO), an initiative offering patients, non-patients, and their families support when they experience losses associated with pregnancies.
- Friends Outreach health screenings and education provided for a diverse population. These include blood pressure, heel bone density, blood sugar, and nutrition information.
- Coordination of domestic violence education for faith leaders in our community.
- Miscellaneous community needs/programs are also supported where needed.
To register today, visit www.stnicholashospital.org/freedomrun or call 920/459-4628.
About St. Nicholas Hospital
St. Nicholas Hospital is a non-profit hospital sponsored by the Hospital Sisters of St. Francis located at 3100 Superior Avenue, Sheboygan, Wisconsin. Their mission and vision is to provide family-centered, compassionate care without regard for race, creed, or ability to pay. This is achieved through the core values of respect, care, competence, and joy.
To learn more, visit www.stnicholashospital.org .
CONTACT: Xue Yang
St. Nicholas Hospital
3100 Superior Avenue
Sheboygan , WI 53081
News Room > Current News > News Archive