FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
June 15, 2009
Mary Verhage, RN, BSN, CWOCN, ACHRN, Receives Advanced Certified Hyperbaric Registered Nurse Credentials
Sheboygan, Wis. Mary Verhage, RN, BSN, CWOCN, ACHRN, and Clinical Coordinator of the St. Nicholas Hospital Comprehensive Wound Care Center, was recently credentialed as an Advanced Certified Hyperbaric Registered Nurse (ACHRN) by the National Board of Diving and Hyperbaric Medical Technologies.
The ACHRN credential is available to nurses who have written verification of:
- Complete 60 hours total of Category A continuing education credits, with at least 30 credits in the filed of hyperbaric oxygen therapy
- Minimum of three years experience in the field of hyperbaric oxygen therapy
Verhage also had to provide documentation of at least two of the following:
- Contributes to the administrative activities of the Hyperbaric Unit/Department
- Teaches NBDHMT approved entry-level hyperbaric oxygen therapy courses and/or teaches classes or presents lectures on hyperbaric therapy
- Provides primary responsibilities for planning/coordinating nursing care for patients undergoing hyperbaric therapy
"Most wound centers do not have an ACHRN on their staff so having Mary Verhage, with her seven years of experience with hyperbaric medicine as part of our Wound Center team, is very beneficial for our wound patients," said Michele Oostdyk, Assistant Administrator, Patient Care Services.
About St. Nicholas Hospital
St. Nicholas Hospital is a non-profit hospital sponsored by the Hospital Sisters of St. Francis located at 3100 Superior Avenue, Sheboygan, Wisconsin. Their mission and vision is to provide family-centered, compassionate care without regard for race, creed, or ability to pay. This is achieved through the core values of respect, care, competence, and joy.
To learn more, visit www.stnicholashospital.org .
CONTACT: Xue Yang
St. Nicholas Hospital
3100 Superior Avenue
Sheboygan, WI 53081
News Room > Current News > News Archive