Our knowledge, experience and commitment all combine to provide you with wide-ranging services and technologically-advanced care.
At HSHS St. Nicholas Hospital we help improve the health of thousands of people living with kidney disease.
- Dialysis teaching to assist patients and their families with the treatment choices for end stage renal disease
- Fistula and catheter placement is done on an outpatient basis at HSHS St. Nicholas Hospital
- Transient dialysis treatment is offered to people vacationing or traveling through this area
- All patients are evaluated for eligibility for a kidney transplant
- Television and internet service is provided for the patient during treatment. Visitors are welcome, but may be limited due to space constraints or patient care needs
A highly skilled team of registered nurses provides education and care for dialysis patients. In addition, a registered dietitian is available for nutrition assessment and counseling during treatment or by appointment at the patient’s convenience. Social Work Services staff provides assistance for home health care needs or financial concerns.
Dialysis patients are encouraged to learn all they can about their disease and its treatment. The HSHS St. Nicholas Hospital team is available to patients and their families to answer any questions they may have. Patients are allowed as much control over their dialysis regime as they desire and are able to handle with professional supervision.
The Hemodialysis Unit at HSHS St. Nicholas Hospital opened in 1982. The unit which is now located in the lower level of the Medical Arts building, has 12 stations and is open Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
For more information about the HSHS St. Nicholas Hospital Dialysis Unit, please call (920) 459-4790.