MEDICAL EMERGENCY - CALL 911!
When you Need it Most
HSHS St. Nicholas Hospital is Sheboygan’s only Level III Trauma Center. Our close proximity to the I-43/Highway 23 interchange means rapid emergency treatment is only minutes away–wherever you may be in our area.
- 24-hour Emergency and Trauma services
- Board certified, residency-trained emergency physicians
- 100% of our emergency nursing staff hold:
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support Certification
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support Certification
- Trauma Nurse Core Certification
- Emergency Nurse Pediatric Certification
- Advanced diagnostic services including CT, MRI, nuclear medicine, sonography, EEG, and ECG
Orange Cross Ambulance, Inc. operates a Sheboygan County station from the Emergency Department at HSHS St. Nicholas Hospital. Paramedic staff who provide advanced pre-hospital medical care are stationed at the Hospital. Orange Cross offers emergency intercept services to other outlying EMS units at their request.
In addition, medical air transport services provide transportation to tertiary care facilities when the situation requires more extensive care than can be provided on-site.
Joint Commission Certified Primary Stroke Center
HSHS St. Nicholas Hospital has attained advanced stroke certification by The Joint Commission. This means that this center:
- Provides the next generation of stroke care
- Has met and seeks to maintain The Joint Commission’s high standards in providing stroke orheart failure care
For general information on our emergency department, please call (920) 459-8300.
IF YOU ARE HAVING A MEDICAL EMERGENCY - CALL 911!