The HSHS St. Nicholas Hospital Laboratory provides timely, cost-effective diagnostic pathology and laboratory services for hospital patients, outpatients, and outreach patients in community physicians’ offices. We have board certified pathologists and our lab personel participate in continuing education on a regular basis.
Lab Services Include:
Blood Bank Testing
Access to reference laboratories
Phlebotomy Services (Inpatient/Outpatient)
Anatomic Pathology Services
- Service is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Preferred outpatient hours are 6 a.m. through 6 p.m., however, round-the-clock service is available.
- Appointments are not usually necessary, however, some specialized testing may require an appointment to facilitate the best possible test result turnaround and sample quality.
- If you have questions or concerns, please contact us at (920) 459-4630.
*Some blood tests do require fasting prior to having your blood drawn. Please contact your health care provider or the HSHS St. Nicholas Lab to determine requirements for your specific testing.
Laboratory results are available through your physician, HSHS St. Nicholas Information Management Department or MyPrevea if you have a Prevea Health provider.
What to Expect
- 24 hour turn around time on most testing
- STAT testing
- In-lab outpatient drawing room
- State of the art instrumentation run by highly skilled/trained personnel
- A safe environment
- Prevea Health
- HSHS Eastern Wisconsin Divisional Laboratories
- Quest Diagnostics
- American Red Cross
- Mayo Medical Laboratories
- Blood Center of Wisconsin
- Wisconsin State Lab of Hygiene
- Local and state health departments
The HSHS St. Nicholas Hospital laboratory accreditations include:
- College of American Pathologists
- Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO)