Sleep disorders can leave you with a feeling of constant sleepiness that is both frustrating and hazardous.
HSHS St. Nicholas Hospital’s Regional Sleep Disorders Center is accredited by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine (AASM). The Sleep Center provides a full range of diagnostic and treatment procedures for disorders of sleep and maintaining wakefulness for both children and adults.
The Sleep Center is also actively committed to providing practical and accurate information about sleep disorders to the general public and the medical community through lectures and resource materials.
Our nationally recognized Sleep Center features:
- State-of-the art equipment and testing facilities
- Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP) resource referral, providing support and direction for patients who have been diagnosed with obstructive sleep apnea but are unable to tolerate their therapy
- Consultation, follow-up and referral services
- Multidisciplinary medical consultation
- An all credentialed staff of Board Registered Sleep Technologists
- Physicians Board Certified by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine
Proper sleep is essential to your health
The symptoms of chronic fatigue, snoring or an inability to concentrate may not seem like reasons to seek medical attention, but in addition to the psychosocial effects, these symptoms could be the result of an undiagnosed medical condition. Without treatment, sleepiness and sleep disorders can lead to life threatening cardiovascular effects and have a devastating impact on your quality of life.
Approximately 40 million Americans suffer from some type of sleep disorder. Every year it’s estimated that as many as 200,000 motor vehicle crashes occur as a result of sleepiness behind the wheel.
The good news is…
The majority of sleep disorders can be diagnosed and treated. As a long-standing full-service, fully accredited facility, we are experts at comprehensively diagnosing and treating your sleep issue.
For more information, call the Regional Sleep Disorders Center call: (920) 459-4766.