Volunteering for HSHS St. Nicholas Hospital is a wonderful way to provide a helping hand to those in need. Thank you for your interest in giving back to our community.
Current Volunteer Opportunities at St. Nicholas Hospital:
- Summer Volunteering: College & High School Students: Applications must be received by April 1.
- Outpatient Services: Welcome and greet patients and visitors with a friendly smile once they have registered for outpatient services. Keep track of wait times for patients, perform clerical tasks as needed.
- Escort – Admitting: Provide assistance to Admitting staff by escorting patients and visitors to their destinations within the Hospital; deliver flowers and cards to nurses stations.
- Escort – 2nd Floor Lounge area: Provide escort services upon discharge from the Hospital; assist with other transporting/delivery needs. Assist with various projects.
- 2nd Floor - One Day Surgery: Assist nursing staff with ODS patients; clerical duties as assigned.
- 2nd Floor – Family Lounge: Volunteer offers assistance to visitors and family members of patients who may be waiting for loved ones in surgery. Make sure that lounge area and coffee supplies are maintained; keep area clean and orderly at all times; relay messages from Surgery staff to family member (s).
- Gift Shop: Serve our customers and assist in the Shop's operations.
- Marketing & Volunteer Services: Miscellaneous clerical duties & projects; data entry, filing, collating packets, laminating, and assist with mailings.
- Emergency Department: Provide assistance to Emergency Department staff by stocking cabinets, preparing sample kits, check linens, prepare warm blankets and escort visitors to patient rooms when needed.
- Communion Ministers: Administer Communion to patients upon request. Must be trained parish Communion ministers endorsed by your pastor.
Please print, complete, and return the following forms to begin the application process to become eligible to volunteer at St. Nicholas Hospital.
Return Forms To:
HSHS St. Nicholas Hospital
3100 Superior Avenue Sheboygan WI 53081
If you have questions or cannot print these documents, please contact Janet.Anderson@hshs.org or call (920) 459-4714.
Thank you for your wanting to give back to our community by volunteering at HSHS St. Nicholas Hospital.
Volunteers recruiting volunteers are our best resource!